IWMS represents the seamless integration of five core functional pillars sometimes referred to as “ERP for everything else.”
The comparison with ERP isn’t spurious; IWMS manages your organization’s second-largest balance sheet item: your facilities and real estate portfolio.
Space management completes the vision of IWMS by offering support in four key areas:.
- It provides visibility, offering a window into space utilization and associated costs and their effect on capital programs.
- It fosters accountability by proving a complete record of all space data and associate costs.
- It promotes transparency by providing instant access to baseline reporting and shared access to space data across the organization.
- It spurs optimization and generates CASH through more efficient utilization of space and aggressive cost recovery.
Space management is the lynchpin in any organization’s IWMS strategy.
It provides a comprehensive solution that complements the other functional pillars of an IWMS.
Space management supports:
- Facilities and space utilization analytics
- “What if” utilization scenario planning, move management
- Organization occupancy analysis
- CAD integration
- Indirect cost recovery and a host of other capabilities
Experience tells us the benefits of implementing a space management system as part of a comprehensive IWMS deployment far outweigh any challenges that crop up along the way.
To learn more about space management for your facility, check out our latest white paper - "Making the Case for Space Management."